As a Fort Worth native, Mr. Cummings is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specializations, and is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Indeed, Mr. Cummings has dedicated his legal career to pursuing justice on behalf of injury victims.
With a proven track record of success that includes recovering record-setting punitive damages in a wrongful death trucking case and receiving international exposure from a high profile construction crane death in 2006, Mr. Cummings knows how to build a strong case and works hard to help injured clients obtain the justice they deserve.
Some of his most gratifying work has been on behalf of the widows, children and parents of three soldiers in the United States Army who lost their lives due to corporate negligence and indifference.
John is a frequent speaker at continuing legal education seminars on a variety of topics including trial techniques and advocacy skills.
He is married to Kory Belt Cummings and they have two beautiful daughters, Katherine and Sarah.
Phone: (877) 920-9009
Awards & Accolades
- AV Rated—Martindale-Hubbell
- "Texas Super Lawyer® by Thomson Reuters Service (2003-present)
- Super Lawyers® "Top 100" Texas (2015)
- Super Lawyers® "Top 100" Dallas / Fort Worth (2015)
- Top Personal Injury Lawyer® in Fort Worth, Texas magazine (2003-present)
- Forty Under Forty business leaders by the Fort Worth Business Press (2005)
Professional Memberships & Associations
- Texas Bar Association—Member
- Tarrant County Bar Association—Member
- Texas Bar Foundation—Fellow
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation—Fellow
- Texas Trial Lawyers AssociationMember & Past Director
- Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association—Member & Past President
- Christian Trial Lawyers Association—Charter Member
- American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America)—Member
- Academy of Trial Advocacy
- Eldon B. Mahon Inn of Court—Past Associate, Barrister & Treasurer
- Austin Graduate School of Theology, formerly known as the Bible Chair at the University of Texas at Austin—Trustee, 2009 - 2014
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Lead attorney in a wrongful death claim tried in McLennan County, Texas, that resulted in a record-setting punitive damages award and became one of the Top 100 verdicts in the nation that year as reported by Lawyers Publishing (2005).
- Represented victims in a construction wrongful death claim which was reported in influential trade publications as far away as Europe, helping to expose and stop a dangerous trend in the construction crane industry (2006).
- Texas State Courts
- Texas Federal District Courts
- United States 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
- University of Texas at Austin
- South Texas College of Law, J.D.