Posted on behalf of Stephens, Anderson & Cummings on Aug 03, 2015 in Auto Accidents
Have you been injured in a slip and fall accident on your job-site? Were you in a car accident that caused severe injuries and an exorbitant amount of medical expenses? If so, you may need to hire a personal injury lawyer. Our experienced team of personal injury attorneys can help you obtain compensation for pain and suffering for a variety of legal cases.
Call (877) 920-9009 to get started today.
Definition of a Personal Injury Lawyer
A personal injury lawyer provides legal representation to people who claim to have been physically or psychologically injured because of negligence or wrongdoing on the part of a business, person, government agency, or another entity.
Settlement and Litigation Process
When you retain a personal injury attorney to represent you, he or she will work on your behalf to try and secure the best settlement or verdict and compensation for you. Much time and effort goes into your case and may include the following:
- After you sign a contract with your lawyer, your lawyer will begin assembling witness statements, reports, photographs and more to verify how your accident happened and figure out who was at fault.
- Next, your lawyer will gather employment records, medical reports, bills, and any other necessary items to document your damages.
- Solicitation of an offer from your insurance company is part of the process and, once an offer is received, it will be sent to you to review. You will discuss with your attorney potential courses of action.
- When defendants have filed their answers, discovery begins and may include depositions of experts, witnesses, and other parties. Your lawyer will be there to direct the discovery and help you navigate the process.
- A trial date is requested once discovery is complete.
Types of Cases Personal Injury Lawyers Handle
If you've been injured and are trying to determine if you need to hire a personal injury attorney, you should consider the kinds of cases accident lawyers usually work on, such as:
- Work related injuries
- Truck accidents
- Auto accidents
- Falling in a public or private place
- Defective products
- Dangerous drugs
Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney
Hiring an attorney can mean having an advocate on your side who ensures your best interests remain at the forefront of your case. Our personal injury lawyers will investigate claims, depose witnesses, gather all evidence, recreate and investigate accident scenes, and consult various experts to build a strong case for you.
Let's Win This
The law firm of Stephens, Anderson & Cummings is experienced in litigating a variety of personal injury cases and will treat you with dignity and respect. We know that a personal injury case is more than just about compensation. It is also about fighting for what is right.