The Weatherford personal injury lawyers at Stephens, Anderson & Cummings are committed to helping injury victims get the justice they deserve.
For decades, we have dedicated our practice solely to helping those who have suffered personal injuries because of another’s negligence or carelessness. In these cases, we work to help injury victims recover compensation for the harm, damages and losses they have suffered. This can include compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
If you believe your injury was caused by negligence and could have been prevented, you may have legal options and should contact our trusted personal injury attorneys in Weatherford for a free, no obligation consultation. Because our Weatherford personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, we charge no upfront fees and do not recover payment for our services unless we help you get compensation.
Do not wait. Complete a Free Case Evaluation form today.
Experienced Legal Representation
As a trusted Texas law firm, all of the personal injury lawyers at Stephens, Anderson & Cummings are members of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association and are well-respected within the legal community.
Our attorneys have also been named as "Top Fort Worth Lawyers" by Fort Worth, Texas magazine, and have been listed as Texas Super Lawyers for several years. In addition, Jason and John have been listed as Top 100 Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyers, and John Cummings was listed as a Top 100 Texas Super Lawyer in 2015.
Having been invited as lifetime members into the Million Dollar Advocates Forum® and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, our attorneys have recovered substantial verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients, many of which were among the largest in Texas and the U.S. Some of our notable case results include:
- $20,400,000 verdict and settlement on behalf of 11 children who were sexually abused by their pastor
- $10,000,000 bad faith insurance settlement
- $1,020,826 settlement in a case involving a back injury from a drunk driver
- $801,562 settlement for a leg injury resulting from a head-on collision
With a strong reputation in and out of the courtroom, our attorneys have the skills and experience to handle a variety of personal injury cases. Contact us today to learn more about how our experience applies to your case.
How Our Accident Attorneys Can Help
When you contact the Weatherford personal injury lawyers at Stephens, Anderson & Cummings, you can trust that your case will be handled with care and professionalism. We strive to provide all of our clients with dedicated, personalized attention and will answer any questions you have about your case.
We will guide you through every step of the process and help you gather the evidence necessary for building a strong case on your behalf. Some of the things your attorney will do include:
- Gathering evidence, such as police reports and medical records
- Questioning witnesses
- Working with relevant experts to help build your case
- Communicating and negotiating with the insurance company
With decades of experience building cases on behalf of injury victims throughout Weatherford and the surrounding areas, our attorneys know what it takes to build a strong case for you. We are well-versed in Texas personal injury law and can explain how these laws apply to your injury case.
Click to contact a personal injury lawyer in Weatherford today.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney?
At Stephens, Anderson & Cummings, we believe that access to quality legal representation should be available to everyone. For that reason, our personal injury attorneys in Weatherford work on a contingency fee basis. This means that if you have a case, we will represent you for no upfront cost.
There is no cost for your initial consultation with our team, and you will not owe any legal fees unless we obtain compensation for you. If your case is successful and we recover compensation for you, our fee will only be a percentage of your recovery. However, if you do not receive compensation, you owe us nothing.
There is no risk in contacting our firm to speak with a trusted Weatherford accident attorney to find out if you have a case and how our attorneys can help you. Do not wait to schedule a free, no obligation consultation with us today, as you only have limited time to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Call (877) 920-9009 to learn more.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Personal injury lawsuits, like all lawsuits in the U.S. are governed by statutes of limitations. These laws set time limits on how long an individual has to file a lawsuit with the court. These time limits are different in every state and vary depending on the type of case you are filing.
In Texas, the statute of limitations for most personal injury lawsuits is two years. This means that you have two years from the date of your injury to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. This two-year timeframe applies to cases involving:
- Personal injury
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
This time limit also applies to wrongful death lawsuits, which are filed by surviving family members when an individual is killed because of another’s negligence.
Because these laws are specific to every case, it is important that you discuss the time limits and other laws that apply to your case with a qualified Weatherford personal injury lawyer.
We will work to help make sure your case is filed on time. However, to do that, you must contact our accident lawyers as soon as possible. It may take time to investigate your case and negotiate with the insurance company, and two years will go by quickly during that process.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now.
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
When determining if you have a case and are able to file a personal injury lawsuit, our injury attorneys will conduct a thorough investigation into your accident and injury. During the investigation, we will work with you to gather all of the necessary evidence about your accident, including:
- Accident or police reports
- Photos of the accident scene, your injuries and damaged property
- Video of the accident, if available
- Statements from witnesses
- Analysis of your medical records and injuries from qualified experts
- Documentation of missed time at work
- Records of communication with the insurance company or other party
As we comb through all of this evidence, we will determine if your personal injury was caused by another’s negligence. This will require proof of the following four elements of negligence:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care – This simply means that the other party had a legal obligation to act as a reasonable person would and not cause you harm. This could include following traffic laws.
- The at-fault party breached its duty of care – If the at-fault party acted carelessly, recklessly or in a way a reasonable person would not have, he or she has breached his or her duty of care. This could include speeding or running a red light.
- The breach of duty of care caused your injuries – Your injuries must have been directly caused by the other party’s actions in breaching his or her duty of care. This could include suffering a back injury in a car accident in Weatherford that was caused by a car running a red light. There must be no doubt that your injuries were caused by the accident and that they would not have happened if not for the accident.
- You suffered damages from your injuries – Personal injury lawsuits exist to help restore an injury victim to a position similar to where he or she was prior to the injury. Currently, the only way to do that is through payment for the damages you have suffered. This could include medical bills, lost wages from work, or other damages or losses.
If our Weatherford personal injury lawyers conclude that your claim meets all of these requirements, you may have a case against the at-fault party and may be entitled to compensation.
Call (877) 920-9009 to find out if you have a case.
What is my Personal Injury Case Worth?
If you have a case, only your personal injury attorney in Weatherford will be able to tell you how much your case is worth. There is no calculator for determining the value of a personal injury case, as the specifics of your case will determine the compensation you can recover.
To determine how much your case is worth, our Weatherford personal injury attorneys will evaluate:
- The severity of your injuries
- If your injuries are permanent or leave you disabled
- The cost of your past medical expenses and estimated cost of future medical care
- If you are able to continue working
- If you are suffering from severe physical pain or emotional distress
- The limits of the at-fault party’s insurance policy
Although every personal injury case is different and it is impossible to determine the value of your case without reviewing the details of your accident and injury, there are several types of compensation that are often awarded in personal injury cases. These include:
One of the most substantial types of compensation that is recoverable from a personal injury case is payment for medical bills related to your injury. This can include payment for:
- Emergency room visits
- Ambulance rides
- Hospital stays
- Doctors’ visits
- Blood tests, x-rays, MRIs and other tests
- Medical equipment, like crutches and wheelchairs
This payment will cover the expenses you have had since the date of your injury, as well as any anticipated expenses that may be required in the future.
Lost Wages and Lost Earning Capacity
If your injury prevents you from working, it may be possible to obtain compensation for the wages you lost while your injury prevented you from working. This may also apply if your injury prevents you from being able to perform the same type of work, or any work at all, in the future.
Often, a personal injury will be caused by an accident. In many cases, a person’s personal property may also be damaged or destroyed. In these cases, it may be possible to obtain compensation for the cost of repairing or replacing that property.
Pain and Suffering
Sometimes, the damages and effects of your injury do not have an easily identifiable monetary value, but have a significant impact on your life due to the physical pain or mental suffering you experience because of your injury. In these cases, it may be possible to obtain compensation for the pain and suffering you have experienced.
Find out what your case is worth. Call (877) 920-9009.
The Lawsuit Process
When fighting for the compensation you deserve, our attorneys will guide you through every step of the lawsuit process. While each lawsuit is unique, most follow a similar pattern that includes:
- Many personal injury lawsuits begin with an insurance claim. Our attorneys have decades of experience negotiating with insurance companies and understand their tactics for diminishing or denying claims. If an insurance company is unwilling to pay the compensation you deserve, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf.
- The lawsuit process begins with your attorney filing a complaint with the court. This legal document outlines what the at-fault party has done wrong and how they can make it right, such as by paying compensation for your damages.
- During the days and months that follow, the lawyers for each side will engage in discovery, where information is exchanged between sides as each party builds its case. During this time, we will gather your medical records and other important information for establishing your case. This phase can take as little as a few weeks or as long as several months.
- At any point during this process, a settlement can be reached. Cases often settle during the pre-trial phase and never reach a courtroom. However, as your legal counsel, our Weatherford personal injury lawyers will help you decide if a settlement offer is fair and if you are receiving the compensation you deserve. If not, we will proceed to trial.
- During trial, lawyers for each side will present their case and evidence to a judge and jury. If we win your case, the judge will order the at-fault party to pay you a specific amount of money.
Although the personal injury lawsuit process may seem simple on paper, it can easily become complicated as both side aggressively fights for its best interests. Because of this is it always best to work with a qualified personal injury lawyer in Weatherford who can handle the details of your case for you and walk you through every step.
Contact Our Weatherford Personal Injury Lawyers
If you believe your injury was preventable and that you have a personal injury claim, do not wait to contact the Weatherford personal injury lawyers at Stephens, Anderson & Cummings. We are experienced in handling all types of personal injury cases and will do everything we can to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Contact our office today for a free, no obligation consultation with our trusted team of accident lawyers. We work on contingency and do not charge up front for our services. You will not pay unless our Weatherford personal injury attorneys obtain compensation for you.